|1985||• Began business in marketing personal computers under K.U. Sistem Sdn Bhd (now known as ECS KU Sdn. Bhd.).|
|1986||• Management buy-out of K.U. Sistem Sdn Bhd by founders Foo Sen Chin and Dato' Teo Chiang Quan.
• Pericomp Sdn Bhd (now known as ECS PERICOMP Sdn. Bhd.) was formed to distribute peripherals to dealers.
|1994||• Set up a branch office in Penang.|
|1997/98||• KUS Holdings Sdn Bhd (now known as ECS KUSH Sdn. Bhd.) won the inaugural Enterprise 50 award.
• ASTAR Sdn. Bhd. (now known as ECS ASTAR Sdn. Bhd.) won the Enterprise 50 award.
|2000||• KUS Holdings Sdn Bhd (now ECS KUSH Sdn. Bhd.) became a 60% subsidiary of ECS Holdings Limited of Singapore.|
|2001||• Listing of ECS Holdings Limited on the SGX Mainboard.|
|2004||• KUS Group of companies adopted the 'ECS' corporate identity.
• ECS ICT Berhad was awarded MSC status by MDeC.
|2005||• Introduction of program to install credit card terminals at resellers' sales points.|
|2006||• Implemented Enterprise Knowledge Portal to improve information storage and sharing.|
|2007||• Establishment of warehouses in Kota Kinabalu and Kuching.|
|2008||• Installation of 720 credit card terminals with over 107 retailers to improve collections.
• Implemented the FPX payment gateway which enables direct online payment from resellers.
• Establishment of sales office in Johor Bahru and Kuantan.
• Launch of our integrated corporate office and warehouse facility in Kota Damansara.
|2010||• Listing of ECS ICT Berhad on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.|
|2011||• Appointed strategic authorised distributor for Dell's commercial & consumer products & solutions.
• Appointed as Lenovo's distributor for 3 business segments: Consumer, Small & Medium Business and Relationship (corporate).
• Set up of ECS Technology Centre at ECS' head office, showcasing Oracle Exadata Database machine, the first in Malaysia.
• Nominated as one of the companies in "The Edge Billion Ringgit Club“.
|2012||• Appointed distributor for Google Nexus 7 and Asus Padfone tablet PCs; enters smartphone segment with Huawei Ascend P1 & first foray into cloud computing.
• Signs agreement to distribute Huawei's entire range of enterprise systems products and services.
• Undertook 1-for-2 Bonus Issue.
|2013||• Appointed distributor for Lenovo smartphones, Samsung smartphones (for enterprise systems segment), Microsoft Surface RT and Surface Pro.|
|2014||• Appointed distributor for ASUS and BenQ smartphones, Zebra printing solutions, Seagate storage solutions and F5 Networks' solutions.|
|2015||• Appointed distributor for Microsoft Mobile, Xiaomi MiPad, Nutanix, Veeam and TmaxSoft Singapore.
• 2015 marked the 30th anniversary of the inception of the Group.
|2016||• Entered wearables market with Apple Watch, Motorola Moto 360, ASUS ZenWatch 2 and Huawei Watch.
• Appointed distributor for DJI Phantom 3 & Phantom 4 drones and Osmo camera.
• Entered VR market with Orion S1 and V1.
• Appointed distributor for Apple iPhone and accessories.